Gunung Ledang | Mount Ophir

1276 m | 4187 ft | Gunung Ledang, Johor

Alhamdulillah, after about 3yrs living in Tangkak, Johor, I got a chance to climb the legendary mount, called Gunung Ledang. This mount also known as Mount Ophir. Frankly speaking, I never knew the duration to get to the peak would take roughly 5-6 hours. According to the guider, it would take 9-10hrs for normal person to climb and down.

Honestly, I never experienced cramp in my life. But this one, I got "pancit" quite few times. I strongly encourage and suggest for those who wish to climb this mount, be prepared and do some exercise beforehand. A week at least so that your body, muscles and nerves are ready for it.

To get there, you have have to pass thru 7 CheckPoint (CP). To pass the 1st CP, you have to climb 760 stairs!!! Roughly about 3times of Batu Caves stairs!! Then you be will reach the 1st CP known as "Bukit Semput" which is literally "semput" - exhausted!!

The track wasn't that difficult, but it mentally tortured!! You don't have to bring bottles of drink, but bring more chocolates and banana to keep you energised throughout the climbing.

Last but not least, I forgot to look after for the Puteri Gunung Ledang, too tired to do that.. :P

1st CP - Bukit Semput



Peak of Gunung Ledang


No comments:

Post a Comment